LCC Grounds

LCC Grounds

Longwood Cricket Club Grounds

LCC Grounds blog began in 2008. Entries have educated membership and the public on the crew, agronomic techniques, horticulture and clay court maintenance.
We really enjoy what we do and hope the readers of this blog get something out of it. Questions , comments and any feedback on the content is highly encouraged. If you are from another club, or grounds department, please do not hesitate to contact us!

For those loyal followers of this blog, we want to let you know that our focus for social media updates concerning the grounds department will be on Twitter, where you can follow us @LCCgrounds. You can also follow us on instagram here: LCCGrounds

LCC Grounds Instagram Pictures

Instagram

Monday, October 4, 2010

Wet Courts

Despite the rain, the crew is getting the courts looking good for the upcoming grass court seminar. Hopefully the weather will improve by Thursday - Friday is supposed to be great weather!


7 comments:

John G. said...

Looks like a construction site - one person working, the other talking.

Hope the weather improves.

John G. said...

Courts still wt - hope it stops soon. Members may start complaining about no tennis for two days.

Tim - did you try the finish on the floor?

John G. said...

Sorry about the rain - I guess my novena didn't work!

I'm sure all of the seminar attendees will have a valuable experience the next two days - although any play on the grass will be unlikely, I'm sure.

Great job Mike
Oops - you too Tim
See you later today

Cheers

John G. said...

Mike,

Thanks for the invite last night - it was an informative and humorous evening for sure. I didn't recognize the crew at first but then it came to me -

As was well said by a current country songstress - "I May not be the best lookin' but the boys say I sure clean up good"!!

Well done - you should be very proud of everyone's efforts in putting together this fine program for the premier grass court clubs - the people who didn't come will wish they did.

John G. said...

I forgot - tell Neil that I'll bring in my guitar next Friday at lunch time and prove that I'm more than just a pretty face.

Ha

Tim Burns said...

John- I'll finish the floor this week. Too much traffic with the rain.
Thanks for your support of the crew and the event!

John G. said...

"Your honor, this is an honor" - one of William Claude Dukenfield's humorous greetings.

Thanks Tim - it was my pleasure to be at the event and to meet so many of your fellow wizards.

See you during the week